Instagram live teachings
- Every 1st Saturday of every month 10:00 am – 11:00 am PST
Sweet Medicine will offer a 6 month ( 12 classes) Program covering the Indigenous ways.
- Starts Sep 2021
Lakota Song Classes
Yellow Robe ” Tom Mann” will be sharing these sacred songs to assist in learning the accompanying beats and the words and meanings.
- Offered Spring and Fall Each Year
- 4 pm-5:30 pm | Price $30.00
Links to Zoom call will be sent or if you are in the Portland area you can go to Hummingbird Hill to be in-person.
Look forward to people coming together to learn.
- Aug 27th
- Sept 17th
- Oct 15th
- Nov 19th
- Dec 17th
- Dec 31st
Lodges are usually held the third Saturday of the month—there is some variation, so please check for an email reminder or the Four Winds Community Foundation Facebook page where we post lodge dates. Mark your calendars.
The ceremony starts with the lighting of the fire 🔥 at 10AM. You can come pray and learn to build the fire. We go into the lodge at 12 noon.
Just a few reminders:
- Women on their menstrual moon time are asked to stay home to honor that ceremony
- Bring lodge clothes (shorts for men and long dresses or long skirt and T-shirt for women), water to drink before and after lodge, towels (can bring one in the lodge and may want an extra one for after lodge)
- Suggested donation of $20 for fire wood, maintenance of lodge, & travel of our elder
We will have a potluck and talk circle after the lodge, so please bring a healthy potluck dish.
Please call for Directions +1 (503) 625-8048
Due to Level 1 Covid state rules and Oregon law we are not sure about 2021 but we are considering and praying that we can in 2022.
If you wish to lear what it takes to come please contact us.